Greater Little Rock, Arkansas Tankless Water Heaters & Plumbing Services
Are you considering purchasing a new water heater or are you dissatisfied with how your current one operates? BR McGinty has everything you could possibly need to accommodate your changes, including energy efficient solutions!
With nearly 50 years of plumbing experience, the plumbers at BR McGinty can diagnose, repair, replace or install any water heater system or piping for add ons, renovations or replacement work. Whatever the situation, our experienced staff of Little Rock, Arkansas Plumbing Technicians and installation crews are ready to solve any problem.
There are several options that are made available to our customers for their water heater appliances. There are two common types of water heaters: Tank-type & Tankless. Due to energy efficiency and maintenance, BR McGinty always advocates for a tankless water heater; below are just a few advantages:
Tankless Water Heater:
- Energy Efficiency rating of between .92 and .98 (as opposed to a tank type which usually garners a score of .52, by comparison).
- 15 year warranty for the heat exchanger
- 5 year warranty on all other parts
- No “time-frame” for hot water (Unlike a tank-type water heater, tankless heaters warm the water as it’s needed as opposed to heating a 50 gallon tank. This means that you don’t have to operate within the confines of a time limit. Perfect for large families or homes with multiple bathrooms).
- Possible $500 rebate from your gas company for electing energy efficient appliances.
- Additional $100 Federal Tax write-off possible with energy efficiency upgrades.
Indications That it May be Time for a New Water Heater in Your Home:
Preventative maintenance is the key in prolonging the life of your hot water system. Contrary to popular belief, only being able to run hot water for short amounts of time or an inability to heat your water at all are not the only indications that it’s time for a new hot water heating system. Here are a few things to keep your eyes and ears open for to prevent a larger problem, which could mean more money:
- If you notice any rust building up on the exterior of your water heater
- This means that there is water escaping the tank, which can only mean issues with heat retention.
- If you notice that the water itself seems a rusty color or tint.
- If you notice rusty water, it likely means that the glass lining on the inside of the water heater tank has been broken and the rust is making it’s way into the water.
- A decrease in water pressure can also mean that your water heater is on it’s last leg.
- It doesn’t only affect the temperature. If there is a dip in pressure it means that the tank is not airtight and some heat is able is likely to escape the tank.
- If you hear clicking, popping or cracking when you’re turning on your water, it means that there is something not functioning properly.
- If it’s in conjunction with low pressure, you can be sure that your system needs replacing. These sorts of noises point to your “dip tube” breaking inside the water heater and releasing cold water into the pool of already heated water.
Can I Install it Myself?
We here at BR McGinty are all factory trained, service trained, licensed, insured and bonded. We understand the desire to say that you were able to and completed such a task on your own. However, it’s imperative to know the safety hazards associated with a DIY fix.
Not a lot of people realize that when you install a water heater yourself, you could potentially be leaving a ticking time bomb in your basement. There are all sorts of rules and regulations to ensure that your appliances are installed correctly and safely; that’s where we come in. We will include the installation price in your estimate; which is free! BR McGinty offers free consultations and estimates for all of your water heater needs!
Not only that, but if you have one of our technicians install it for you, we give you a 1 year installation warranty. We are very proud of our work and have no problem backing it up and fixing anything that we may have overlooked.
Little Rock 24 Hour Emergency Plumbing Services
To serve our clients better, we offer 24/7 emergency plumbing repair services. We don’t want your comfort to suffer just because a problem occurs after normal business hours. We understand that hot water is a necessity for more than just bathing or showering; you also need it for laundry, cleaning dishes etc…, so you can rely on BR McGinty’s team to get repairs done efficiently, anytime.
It takes no time at all! When considering something as “serious” as replacing a water heater, BR McGinty’s experienced crew will be in and out of your hair in no time. The average install/change-out time is only about 3 hours! If you have any questions, concerns or comments about our tankless water heaters be sure to contact our Plumbing Service Manager at ChuckM@BRMcGinty.com!
- Fully licensed and insured for your protection and ours
- BBB A+ Rated Company