If you suspect there is an issue with your water pipes or water lines, you can rely on the plumbing experts at BR McGinty. Our licensed plumbers have over 75 years of collective experience and are dedicated to providing central Arkansas residents with the best services possible. Whether your home has a leaky pipe, slow drain, or broken water line, our plumbers can help. Our professionals can detect water pipe problems and repair them in no time. We have an extensive warehouse that ensures the part needed to fix your issue is almost always in stock. For a dependable plumber in central Arkansas, turn to BR McGinty — schedule an appointment for a FREE estimate!
- Fully licensed and insured for your protection
- BBB A+ Rated Company
Water Pipe Repair & Replacement
Some of the telltale signs you have a water pipe leak include:
- Increase in your water bill – It’s normal for your water bill to go up in the summer with increased watering and pool filling. However, a sudden spike in your water bill that is unrelated to the season could mean you have a leak somewhere in your home.
- Water meter continuously running – If your water meter is continuously ticking even after shutting off all running water in and outside of the house, you could have a leak.
- Mold, mildew, and musty smells – Leaks often cause damp spots on floors, walls, and ceilings which can give rise to mold and the musty odors that come with it. If your home has a musty smell regardless of how often you clean it, you may have a leaking pipe.
- Visible damage – Stains/discoloration on ceilings and floors, warped walls, bubbling on the drywall, and flooring that’s buckled or cracked are all signs of exposure to water and a possible leak.
Some of the ways leaky pipes damage your home include:
- Warped and stained walls
- Structural damage
- Poor water quality
- Mold growth and mildew that cause serious health problems
Our goal is to get your water pipe repaired correctly and as quickly as possible to prevent any further damage. If a pipe is cracked or broken, sometimes replacing the pipe is a better solution than trying to repair it. Our licensed plumbers can completely replace your entire water pipe system with an upgraded version, if necessary.
What Causes Pipes to Leak?
The most common causes of leaky pipes include:
- Foundation shifts – As your home settles over time, there can be small shifts in its foundation. These can create big adjustments in your water lines, causing them to disconnect or rupture.
- High water pressure – High water pressure leads to the deterioration of your pipes. Water moving through your pipes at high speeds increases the risk of your pipes bursting. After too much wear and tear, sudden changes to the direction of water flow can be too much for your pipes to bear, resulting in leaks.
- Tree roots – Tiny cracks in pipes can release water vapor into the surrounding soil. Tree roots can sense the water and will then burrow their way to your pipes, causing big problems.
- Corrosion – Many older homes use copper or galvanized steel piping, which can be susceptible to rust and cause leaks.
- Temperature changes – Extreme changes in temperature (generally from cold weather) can cause pipes to crack and begin leaking.
No matter what the issue is, our knowledgeable plumbers can tackle the issue and determine the best course of action for your situation.
Contact our Little Rock Water Pipe Repair Experts
From plumbing to air conditioning and heating services, you can rely on BR McGinty to be there when you need us. Trust our Little Rock plumbers to handle any size water pipe repair or replacement for your home. Schedule an appointment today for a FREE estimate.BOOK NOW