Every time you and your family members leave and re-enter your home, bad air gets brought in. BR McGinty can help you get rid of these dangerous particles within your home. You’ll smell and feel the difference when you breathe fresh, clean air!
Our air purification systems actively fight against:
- Pet Dander
- Unpleasant Odors
- Cooking Smells
- Tobacco Smoke
We offer various high-quality air purifiers and air filtration systems. By installing an air cleaning system, you are taking control of your home’s air quality and protecting your loved ones. Some of our air filtration products include:
- In-duct air purifiers – They are installed directly into your existing HVAC system where they trap and purify particles before they enter through the filter.
- UV light sticks – They use germicidal wavelength lamps to disinfect and protect your HVAC coils.
- REME HALO® – This is not just a normal UV lamp; it uses UV light and other advanced proprietary technologies to improve the quality of your air. It produces low concentrations of gaseous hydrogen peroxide in the air that disperses throughout your AC system and indoor spaces and helps reduce unwanted particles.
- APCO-X – This whole-house air treatment system combines UVC light and proprietary activated carbon technology to safely and effectively neutralize air pollutants. It can also keep coils clean while increasing the life of your HVAC system.
- Needlepoint bi-polar ionizers – They purify the air with positive and negative ions.
- iWave – This air ionization system is installed in your AC system. Positive and negative ions clean the air as it passes, as well as reduce certain bacteria and viruses, smoke, odors, and other particles.
- ERV (Energy Recovery Ventilation) systems – They are connected to the ducts that are part of your HVAC system and exchange stale, polluted indoor air with fresh, clean outdoor air throughout your entire home. It takes much less energy to heat/cool the air brought into your home, which can save you money on heating and cooling costs.
Benefits of Air Purifiers
Air purifiers can refresh stale air, reducing the chances of health issues caused by indoor pollutants. Air filtration systems offer the following benefits:
Relieves Symptoms of Asthma
Pollutants such as pollen, pet dander, and dust mites irritate airways, making it difficult to breathe, especially if one has asthma. Pollen particles flow in with the breeze through open windows or they stick to your clothes when you are outside. When pets scratch, their hair and dander pollute the air. Even if you don’t have pets of your own, you can still bring in pet dander after visiting pet owners, which will then circulate in your home.
Dust mites thrive in humid environments and are the most common indoor allergens. Lack of fresh air increases indoor humidity levels, which creates the perfect breeding ground. Dust mites feed on dead skin cells and multiply quickly in your bed, carpet, and other upholstered furniture. Vacuuming your bed, carpet, and floors can reduce these pollutants, but many remain suspended in the air. Breathing in the polluted air increases the chances of asthma attacks.
These pollutants floating in the home environment are trapped by air purifiers, reducing the chances of breathing difficulties caused by asthma.
Reduces the Chances of Airborne Diseases
When one household member gets sick, it’s not uncommon for the rest of the household to follow. This happens because everyone is breathing the same air that’s infected with bacteria and viruses. Airborne diseases such as the common cold and flu are spread through tiny pathogens floating around. Air purifiers with HEPA filters capture these bacteria and viruses and help keep your household healthy.
Neutralizes Unpleasant Odors
When you bring a new product into your home, you may notice that it emits a certain smell. The cause of this smell is “off-gassing.” Some chemicals such as gasoline, benzene, and formaldehyde can be trapped during the manufacturing process for certain household products and furniture. The product will break down and release these chemicals, called volatile organic compounds (VOCs). VOCs are commonly found in paints, aerosol sprays, upholstered furniture, or air fresheners. The odor from VOCs can cause nausea, eye irritation, difficulty breathing, headaches, and even affect your cognitive functions. Installing the right air purifier for VOCs can help prevent these symptoms.
It’s well known that a good night’s rest helps improve mood and cognitive functions. Unfortunately, allergens can trigger sleep-disruptive symptoms for many people. Allergic reactions such as frequent sneezing, coughing, or difficulty breathing all affect sleep quality. Air purifiers work to trap pollutants and remove allergens from your indoor environment, which decreases the chances of having allergic reactions so you can get better sleep.
Extends the Life of Your HVAC System
Air purifiers are not only better for your health — they are also better for your wallet. By having an air filtration system installed by a BR McGinty technician, you can extend the life of your existing heating and cooling system by reducing the amount of dust moving through the system. A cleaner HVAC system offers greater long-term efficiency.
A protected HVAC system can:
- Last longer
- Save you money on your utility bill
- Reduce the need for repair service